Been there, done that? Too busy to read ALL. THOSE. WORDS? At least check out this "What's New" section!
NEW(ish) info for IN-PERSON selling:
*) There is a completely NEW way to sell with us! You can be a Drop & Swap Consignor! Drop off between 50 and 150 items and DO ZERO WORK!! We will tag them for you on-the-spot and give you a 1 for 3 shopping credit! For example: you drop off items totaling $450 in value and we'll give you a $150 shopping credit to spend later that day! No tagging, no hassle. Just Drop, Swap and Shop! Genius.
**)There is a ONE PAGE Consignor "Cheat Sheet" that contains 98.9% of everything you need to know for this sale WITH VIDEOS! . . .Find it HERE when registration opens.
1) You may list up to 350 items for kids! Only 200 of those may be hanging clothing . The minimum price for the entire sale is $4.($2.50 is still ok for books, accessories, and some toys- the system knows)
2) WE ARE IN A NEW LOCATION! The Charles Mack Citzen Center at 215 N. Main St (just 7 blocks north of our old spot. It's "fancier" and a smaller and in several rooms instead of one big one! Yes, there will be a learning curve for all of us! Thank you for your grace and patience.
3) The "50 hanging items in sizes 0-18 months" limit has been relaxed! You may now bring 50 girl items AND 50 boy items instead of just 50 total. Note the NEW CATEGORY for these items: "Infant Clothing-Girls and Infant Clothing-Boys
4) Quality is HUGELY important to us and we have expanded our inspection crew! It now includes all 500+ consignors and many of our ticketed shoppers too. We offer a $1 coupon per item that are turned in to us that we missed at inspection. You can make $ finding other seller's poorly inspected items and lose $ if they find yours. Inspect your stuff at home, and again when you get here! Bring us your best!
5) Teen Girls Clothing is now the category for what we previously called "juniors". Please note the new tagging and sizing. guidelines. You are limited to JUST 20 items in these sizes and we WILL brutally inspect these when you come in and refuse anything that is not a current, sought-after style. No MOM clothes in this section!
6) Sort & pick-up IS a bit different but we WILL STILL PRE-SORT your items by size and type for you. You will need to get your books from the book section, Size 6 Nike shoes from Boys size 6 shoe area, and your Size 4 girls top from size 4 girls tops (just where YOU left it!)
7) We've streamlined our drop-off procedures and it will go FAST. Pick-up will take a bit longer because we will check every item before you leave to make sure it's yours.
8) Bedding SETS of all sizes and maternity wear are no longer accepted at the in-person event. Sell them online please. Diaper genies, bathtubs and potty seats are also a NO this season)
9) Mommy's Mart/ Decor & More includes Homegoods type items for you (kitchenware, pet supplies, small furniture, art, luggage, tools and ladies handbags) NO big furniture this season
10) We are hiring! Seriously. We will pay you to shop first. Check out the "Join Us" page for info.
11) You can keep 72% of your sales (instead of 65%) if you choose to accept your proceeds on our new Sail Again gift card! This. Is. Epic. Y'all!!
12) We no longer accept Maternity. Pregnacy books are also discouraged.
13) Our new ambassador program means you can make an additional 5% of sales by mentoring a new consignor.
14) Sellers always shop before the public but now, they may purchase a shopping upgrade for Tuesday night shopping and shop on the same night as our staff!
15) There is a new page here on the site with all the details about how to shop earlier, help more people and make more $! You can check it out HERE.
Resources & Answers
for sellers who are ready to register!
(updated with NEW stuff for Spring/Summer '24)
SUPER IMPORTANT THINGS TO NOTE:
(if you don't read anything else, read this!)
* Our Consignor Agreement has been updated. Please make sure you READ it when you register!
*The regular consignor fee is still $15 in Mooresville (a little less if you register early, a little more if you register late!)
*We pay via PayPal to the email address that YOU provided when you signed up for your account with MyCM, within 10 business days of the close of the Sail. NOTE: We consider this email address you account number. We won't edit it for you! Please make sure it is the one you want your $ to go to.
*The things, limits, and minimum prices that we accept differ for Online and In-Person selling. Please pay attention to that!
*EVERYONE got a new seller number in 2019! Woo! Hoo! This is awesome! These new numbers have your sort code and row number built right in which will make pick up and sort a breeze! Your seller "number" will actually begin with two letters and will look something like this: VL1215 Last initial, First initial and then 4 numbers of YOUR choice! We strongly suggest the last 4 digits of your phone number but you could pick any 4 digits that mean something to you, like the birthday of your favorite child or even the 4 digit seller number that you already have if you're really fond of it! In our example above, seller Lisa Vaughn's phone number ends in 1215 -- so VL1215 is super easy for Lisa to remember and recognize! (One more note: we WILL still happily work with you to help you with transferring and matching your MyCM numbers and tags from other sales. However, those who choose to use tags not in our format without consulting with us will pay a $20 fee per season for this privilege!)
*We're excited to have you sell with us! We hope you're excited to work with us! There aren't any consignor interviews (though there is now some paperwork to crew with us!) so please poke around here on our website and check us out on Facebook and get to know us a bit before you consign here. Because . . .our sail is not for everyone . . . seriously, we're sort of a crazy crew! We're a tribe of Mamas (and a few Papas) committed to helping each other out, putting up with each others flaws and generally supporting everyone. We have fun. We want you to have fun. And, we want you to help the sail grow and be the best that it can be. We believe that people love what they help to create. We want you to love us! (so make sure you like us first - ok?) Our sail is for anyone who wants be a part of building something great and helping lots of people (like foster kids & families, kids with cancer, flood victims, and all the local families who shop and sell here just to be able to clothe their kids!) Our entire business model is structured around rewarding people who do that! We don't require anyone to help out but we do love those who do, -just a tiny bit more than those who don't. True talk there y'all! Get to know us. Decide that you like us, and then sign on to come hang out with us for a few shifts or ten! We will pay you for that!! (and we'll like you a lot!)
*Seriously, we know that everyone can't join our crew, but we do ask that EVERY consignor assist in getting their items sold by promoting the SAIL on social media! (there are often contests associated with this) AND that they commit to not post things on social media that will deter shoppers or in any way prevent other consigning families from selling the most that they can! Please keep this in mind and plan to help!
*There now exists on Facebook a CLOSED, invitation only Consignor group named, Sail Again Consignor Group (catchy, right?) If you are a registered consignor, please request entry into this group. It is a place to ask questions and have them answered by seasoned consignors. It is also a great place for us to share important info & contests. (It is NOT a place to rant or complain- you don't have to keep it to yourself, we WANT to know ALL your comments and advice, just please email us with that stuff!) Tell us please how you want to receive info from us! We've got the FB group, email, the FB page, Instagram and our new fave: texting!! We want you to have access to all the things that will help you be a successful seller with us!
*There is a $4.00 tagging minimum for our in person events and a $4 minimum for online. The system will not allow you to price an item under this minimums. We strongly encourage you to bundle items together to meet this minimum! And, because you are limited to 200 hanging items in-person, we strongly encourage bundling to help "expand" your limits. There are a few categories (books & accessories that you can price less than $4)
* Also newish: For both In-person and Online there is a 50 item hanging limit for sizes 0-18mths within each gender. This is a total across those sizes (ie 50 total girls items and 50 boys items are allowed but NOT 50 9 month girls items and 50 18 month girls items) Just 50 total per gender between the sizes of 0 & 18 months. You may group like items/outfits on up to 3 hanger(s) with only one tag. NOTE: This is an increase for the in-person event and new limit for online.
*We would love it if every consignor would choose to become a crew member and help us create the sail. (we mentioned that right?) There's something in it for you -you know?) Consignors who do not crew with us keep 65% of their sales and pay us a 35% commission. Those who are big shoppers, may choose a package where they pay us as little as 25% and keep up to 75%. Got lots of time to help, love merchandising/unpacking/building/creating//people greeting and want to get out of the house and make some serious shopping cash? Apply to join our paid staff! You'll still pay us to get your stuff sold . . . but we'll also officially pay you to create the sail! Employee perks abound!!
* More NEW: We no longer accept maternity or DVDS.
*We would also love it if you would mark your books to donate-- this helps with sort and REALLY HELPS our charity partners who put books in the hands of kids who really need them.
*We DO accept car seats and travel systems but only if they were manufactured after Feb of 2020 (4 years old or less) and you must certify that they have never been in an accident. We will also accept your non-expired booster seats.
*We no longer accept breast pumps or ANY bedding sets in person (same as above, they DO NOT sell well!) After this season we will also likely limit baby blankets and bibs. NOTE: you can list it online as long as it is not a recalled item!
*Drop-off is by appointment and you should expect it to take only 30-45 minutes from the time you enter the building for the in-person event (depending on your number of items!) There will be a map! For in-person: Plan to drive up in the "Chick-fil-a-like line", unload quickly (no sorting or ordering or separating here-just unloading!) and then park your car. Come back inside, check in at the desk, and now, get your stuff in order! Hang your clothes by size & gender category and deliver them where instructed. Place the rest of your items (toys, equipment, books, shoes etc) out into the labeled bins/carts/tables. When you are done putting out both your clothing and non-clothing items--YOU ARE DONE! Grab your shopping pass and you can be on your way. You MUST be diligent in inspecting your own items both at home and again when you reach the venue! $1 will be deducted from your proceeds for every sub-par item we find after you leave!!
Speaking of pick-up we no longer require a bin! We will likely pre-sort your books for you but you will need to grab your own clothing, shoes, toys and large items from the floor.
*At our in-person events, pick-up of your unsold items is "usually "open" but sometimes at an alphabetically scheduled appointment time PLEASE PAY CLOSE ATTENTION TO THIS WEBSITE AND TO FACEBOOK FOR THE ANNOUNCEMENT OF THESE TIMES! (we will of course inform of your time at drop-off! )
When we do online, drop-off is even faster! Drive up, unload, and then park. Come inside. A sail helper will assist you in scanning in your sold items. Drop them into bags by buyer code and you are FINISHED!! There's nothing to pick up because you're only bringing the items that are already sold!
PLEASE do not wait to register! Our spots are limited and we fill up fast! Registration opens in November/December for our Spring In-Person in Mooresville and in June for our Fall September event.
Sail Again is a 65/35 sale for consignors who don't choose to join our crew/ buy up their rate. (Space rental, insurance, racks, tables, software, credit card fees, advertising, promotion, etc. etc. all come out of our 35%.)
New since 2021: There is now an opportunity to "buy up" your rate, (to 72%) by doing absolutely nothing except agreeing to be paid via shopping credit for next sail, instead of PayPal. And, if you are lucky enough to crew with us, you can add another few % points to those rates!
Like we said, it's new! Too busy to help? Schedule & kids don't allow it? You no longer have to work to keep more of your sales, you just have to promise to shop . . and you were going to do that anyway, weren't you? You don't have to work to shop early either, you can buy a ticket for that! No more drains on your time unless you truly love helping us create the Sail! Buy what you need. Help if you can!! And hey, if you do want to work to help us create the Sail, those perks are Ah-MAZE-ing!
Want to help get your own stuff sold for a few hours? Sign up as a Social Sharer. We'll work for less because you're doing more. Have some serious time? We're hiring temporary seasonal employees! Make some shopping cash AND you'll get some crew discounts AND you'll be invited to shop early, early, early at our staff party/shopping fest.
In the past, like most sales, we've done this a little differently. But the times they are a changin' and we are committed to being on the cutting edge of what is happening in the industry. We're also committed to compensating all our crew members equally and fairly. Please note that because of these changes - our crew spots will be limited - we likely won't be able to accommodate everyone. As part of the selection process, we'll give preference to those sailors who have worked with us before and to those who can work 20 hours/week or more. (working at least 16 hours total over 2 weeks is a minimum requirement for paid staff)
We count on our consignors to join our crew and assist in any way possible to promote the sail. This is how we get your stuff sold!! When you assist in this way, you can earn some shopping cash, the chance to shop early and a small crew discount on your fees! Even if you can't find an official crew shift that works for you, it is imperative that you promote the sail via word-of-mouth, social media, and email forwarding and sharing. TELL some people about us!
Want to consign but no time to tag? We can help. We have several awesome team members who are willing to hep you get your stuff ready to sell--for a fee of course! Drop off your items to them and let them do all the work for you-- and you can still shop early! Email us (or check out the valet tagging tab!) and we will happily share their contact info with you.
Want to sell LOTS of stuff? Make sure you mark it to discount. On the last day, most of our consignors mark their items to go 50% off--sell it and get it out of there we say! You can also really help us, help others by marking your items to donate at the end of the sail. We help so many families this way! (Find out where your donations go on the Giving Back tab)
Please refer to the RED tabs on this page before you get started and most of your questions will be answered. But if you're stuck, don't hesitate to email us with questions at email@example.com . We will do our best to respond to you within 24 hours. Again, welcome and thanks for trusting us with your stuff!
Happy, Happy Sailing!
Tammy & The Sail Again Team
PS Don't forget to join that FB group! Request entry here Follow us on Insta and sign up for texting!!